Saturday, January 10, 2015

Crockpot Pork Loin with Apples and Brown Sugar

There has been a lot of cold-weather cooking going on in my house lately.  Nothing warms you up like waffles for dinner, or homemade chicken pot pie.  Crockpot cooking screams cold weather to me, so I decided to see if I could find a good recipe for pork loin in the crock pot.

In my search, I found two recipes that looked interesting to me - this Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pork Loin, and this Crockpot Honey Pork and Apples.  They both looked delicious, so I decided to make my own hybrid of the two!

Crockpot Brown Sugar Pork and Apples!

The Cast:

Pork Loin (not tenderloin)
Garlic
Apples (I had 1 McIntosh and 2 others)
Onion
Balsamic Vinegar
Dijon Mustard
Brown Sugar



First, I sliced the two smaller apples (I'm not sure what kind they are - maybe Gala?) and the onion, and scattered them in the Crockpot.



Then, I rubbed a cut clove of garlic all over the pork loin before cutting slits into the pork and forgetting to take a picture of it.  Then, I sliced the remaining apple and put a couple slices into each slit in the pork.



Next, I stirred together the balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard.  What a pretty concoction!


I placed the pork loin on top of the apples and onions in the Crockpot and brushed it with the vinegar/mustard mixture.


Last, I rubbed it all over with the brown sugar, then turned the Crockpot on low.


And now...we wait.  For 6 to 8 hours.  I hate to wait!

And then, 6 to 8 hours later...we don't take a picture of the final product because we are at work and forget to ask the family to take one.

But the verdict?  A bit dry, so maybe a shorter cooking time is in order.  But still delicious!  Definitely a do-over, with that minor change!

No comments:

Post a Comment