Friday, March 15, 2013

Food Prep Friday!

This semester, I am taking my very first cooking class,  Intro to Food Prep.   It is a marathon class - 6 hours in the lab - and it is SO much fun!

This week, we are working on desserts for the school's Dessert Theater.   Total chaos in the kitchen...I love it!

Lessons learned today:
1.   It's ok that I can't do measurement conversions in my head - no one else can do them either!
2.   Sugar work is fun, but it requires a LOT of patience!
3.   Always carry extra hair ties when you are going to be working in the kitchen.   Always.

Lessons the dingbats in my class need to learn:
1.   If you put nested dishes in the dishwasher, they will NOT get clean!
2.   If you put nested dishes on the drying rack, they will NEVER dry!

Can you guess who was on dish duty today??

I could go on about the dingbats, but I will save that for another day!

Fun weekend planned...birthday party on Saturday and Pampered Chef bridal shower on Sunday!   :)

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment