Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A special treat for my love!

Tonight, I made a special treat for my wonderful husband.  His favorite dessert - cheesecake!  I even made it with a nut crust and Splenda instead of sugar for my diabetic sweetie.  It turned out pretty well!!

I have had these cute little heart-shaped springform pans forever, and haven't used them.  Are they not the cutest little things ever??


And now...on to the cheesecake!!

The Cast:
Almonds
Splenda
Melted Butter
Cream Cheese
Eggs
Vanilla

First, I took the almonds and Splenda for a little spin in the food processor to grind them up.  Then, I added some melted butter and mixed them together.


I put some of the nut mixture in each pan and pressed it down using my Pampered Chef Mini Tart Shaper, then threw them in the oven while I made the cheescakey filling.


Cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla went into the food processor and took a quick little whirl.


I divided the filling up between the 3 little pans and smoothed them out a little.  So pretty!


Here they are after 30 minutes in the oven.  A little bit cracked...because my cheesecake ALWAYS cracks. I am just too lazy to do a water bath, but maybe one of these days...  Until then, we just don't pay those cracks any attention!!!



Before I tell you how they tasted, please observe a moment of silence for one fallen soldier who perished at the hands of the clumsy cook...

Oops.

And now...the verdict...


Once I could tear my honey away from his cheesecake long enough to let me know how it was, he proclaimed it to be...

"Guilt-free and delicious!!"

Now...what ELSE can I make in those cute little pans??

5 comments:

  1. That looks DELISH!!!!! How about mini lemon cheesecakes cakes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about that! Unfortunately, it didn't occur to me until AFTER I put them in the oven...lmao

      Delete
  2. Super cool!

    (but yanno, the next time you want to throw one away... you DO have an official "dregs disposal");)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't WANT to throw one away...in fact, I was very tempted to hunker down on the floor with a fork, but I was afraid I'd get caught! ;)

      Delete
    2. LMAO @ hunker down on the floor...I think I would've!!!

      Delete